PROFESSOR (W2) OF SOCIOLOGY /URBAN AND REGIONAL STUDIES
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum – faculty of Social Sciences invites applications for the position of a Professor (W2) of Sociology / (successor Prof. Strohmeier) starting the earliest possible date.
- spatial distribution patterns of life situations and life styles within the context of urban and regional social change,
- labour and housing markets in an urban, a regional and global context,
- social urban integration problems (immigration, small scale segregation and local participation) in cities,
- social and demographic changes in comparison.
The professorship is coupled with responsibilities as head of the Centre of Interdisciplinary Regional Research (Zentrum für interdisziplinäre Regionalforschung, ZEFIR). The future holder of the post has to fulfil teaching performance for the Bachelor programme in basic and advanced modules and in the Master programme, specifically in the “Urban and Regional Development” study programme. The applicant is expected to contribute in the faculty’s research clusters “Labour and Social Structure” and “Public Sector and State Action” as well as interdisciplinary cooperation with other teaching and research units of the faculty and the university.
- high commitment in teaching,
- readiness to participate in interdisciplinary academic work,
- willingness and ability to attract external funding,
- fostering of international connections of the subject in research and teaching.
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is an equal opportunities employer.